Here is a wonderful tribute written by my daughter Katie about Debbie.
My sweet bonus mom passed away yesterday.
She became Jackson's beloved "Rar-Rar," and I will always be grateful that she stepped into that role with so much love. She held space for my grief, never trying to replace my mom, but patiently loving me through it. We shared countless conversations, always respecting and caring for one another.
When Allison was born, Debbie scooped her right up and proudly became her grandma too. Then came Hunter and Chase. I still smile thinking about how she thanked me for "letting her be a grandma" because now she was a professional.
Debbie was the glue that held our family together. Because she became my bonus mom, I was blessed with two incredible sisters, Mikki and Aimee, whom I love with all my heart and soul. Along with them came an amazing extended family that welcomed me with open arms.
Debbie made it possible for me to be loved by so many people when I needed it the most. That is a gift I will carry with me forever.
She may be gone from our sight, but she will always be with us. She is finally free to be the Debbie we all know and love, and I know she's smiling down on all of us.
I will miss her forever.
Thank you, Debbie, for being my mom. I love you so much, and I always will.